UNO SGUARDO ALLE TRADIZIONI PER INNOVARE L'AGRICOLTURA!
FutureBioErbe is the sequel of BioInnovErbe, both the Projects are promoted by Friuli Venezia Giulia Region L.R. n. 26/05 art. 17. The experimental idea is to test new cultural techniques in order to valorise local autochthonous traditional plants, strictly related to the territory (FVG), but actually low farmed. The reintroduction of these varieties could allow the positive evolution of marginal areas, increasing the profit for farmers. The species were chosen taking into account the opportunity to represent all the four different provinces of FVG, with their peculiarities as the coast, the lowland, the mountains and protected areas.
In particular the trials are focused on:
– Rapa di Verzegnis: Brassica rapa L. subsp.;
– Radicchio dal poc: Cichorium intybus;
– Rosa di Gorizia, Cichorium intybus;
– Rafano o Kren: Armoracia rusticana;
– Radicchio di monte: Cicerbita alpina.
The project promotes a collaboration among research institutes, schools and regional firms, to purse the following targets:
The ambits of interest of FutureBioErbe are: ecological, economic, techno-scientific, touristic.
Three are the experimental steps:
– the picking up of the seed, both spontaneous and cultivated;
– the germination trials;
– the creation of plots, to test different cultural techniques (density, best time of transplant, mulching, fertilization, agricultural processing) and diverse types of habits.
– the analysis on possible pathogens and hypothetic causes of failure cultivations;
– the production evaluation;
– the elaboration of technical schedules.
– the estimation of the market value of the products;
– the standardisation of the productive systems;
– the creation of synergies among the farmers;
– the analysis of the potential employers of the products and the possible market diffusion;
– the creation of degustation channels and of shelling, throughout the farmers’ market of Azienda Agraria Universitaria,
– the aqua certification, to underline the eco-compatibility of these agronomic techniques;
– the stimulation of the synergy among research centres, cultural circle, farmers, farm holidays, with meetings, guided visits, degustation events, etc..
– the bibliographic research and the scientific data finding, in order to confirm the importance and the typicality of these products;
– the didactic activity in the “Istituto Agrario di Pozzuolo del Friuli”, in order to enhance the sensitization of the generation in recovering marginal areas. They will be the future testimonials of a sustainable agriculture, that respects the local traditions and produces quality goods.
– the employment of fresh vegetables or the transformations ones to offer alternative new goods, in the regional agro-food offer.
At the end of the experimental phase, the second stage will be characterised by the spreading of the results (papers, meetings, panel tests, media, web site, etc.) and the creation of a technical support top help in cultivation activities.